Friday 30 October 2009

Sam Potts Inc

Since finding out about the Super Hero store I've been looking into the sole designer for the project.

Sam Potts Inc. was an independent graphic design company in New York City that was in operation from June 2002 through August 2009. Clients ranged from publishing/art world/restaurants/the music industry.

As founder and sole employee, he served on the 2007-2009 board of AIGA New York and on the advisory board of 826NYC. Potts also taught graphic design at the School of Visual Arts.

I find his work easy on the eye's with a good mixture of type and stock imagery. I would highly recommend his work to people on our course who use a mixture of collage and paper stock. It's hard to explain because I'm not good at putting stuff ike this into words so I'll show you an example instead:



See? It's clean, easy on the eye's and not too overly cluttered with detail. It's taken me a while to come around to finding this type of design appealing. I've always been set in my ways in what I liked as to opposed what was actually good. I think a few people on the course will also appreciate Potts Work.

Some examples of his best work:


(The Bible)

(The clumsiest people in Europe)


(They Might Be Giants CD and Book)

(Book Redesign for classic books.)


(The Area of my expertise)

No comments:

Post a Comment