Friday 24 September 2010

Current Marvel T-shirts

This is last years selection of Marvel t-shirt's made for 'females'. It's from the collection aimed at girls/women aged between sixteen and twenty five. These are only sold on the Marvel website. (So I'm under the assumption you would have to be a fan to want to purchase one?)

I went through the collection to see which ones I would wear and which ones would be better suited towards my 12 year old sister who IS interested in boy's and dating. I then went around the studio and asked the girls which ones they would hypothetically wear. (Taking into account that there's a wide verity of girls and clothing styles mingling around.)

Yes! (Or at a push, it wouldn't make people cringe if they had them on. Another point that came up was that these looks as if they should be sold in places like Top shop and aimed at 13 year old girls. Not on the Marvel website itself and aimed at older readers who are actually interested in the characters)



No: Due to either their imagery or slogan:









(Ok, this ones only here because I really dislike phoenix...and Storm IS drowning. That's not very nice.)



The designs were made by Junk Food Design (Who focus on vintage 80's clothing...However, most of the art work has come from the 60's/70's era of comic books) Oh, my bad. You can also buy Superhero t-shirts from Junk food under: Women, Superheros. However, they are the DC comics and not the Marvel ones which I'm assuming can only be bought from Marvel.

In my opinion. The DC's ones are just as bad.

The problem I see is that guy's can pull off the full design t-shirt of wolverine slashing open deadpools throat (A t-shirt I wear to bed...for the simple fact that it's not made for my size or fit) But fashion for women isn't so bold.

And maybe it's just me but I want to see t-shirts with lesser known teams and characters on who still have the fan base to be able to be commercially possible. It might make people ask more questions: "Oh, whose that character" And a query is born and just possible a new reader whether it's a guy or a girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment