Friday 22 October 2010

This Reminds Me Of A Puzzle


Professor Layton (レイトン教授, Reiton-kyōju?) series is a puzzle video game series for the Nintendo DS and is developed by Nintendo and Level-5. The series currently consists of four games and one film. Today I get the third game (Just released in the UK) but for the moment I want to talk about the story board book that came with the film.

The film itself is set after the 3rd game (which was a little annoying because the third game hadn't even been realised over here when I bought it)

With the film came the story board in book form...all of it. I find this kind of stuff amazing, seeing products before they're actually finished. (And knowing that not everything is neat and pristine)

Front: Layton and his massive face.









(Please excuse my dodgy fingers)

(The dvd box that the story board book came with)



And now for the game itself. I love this series. The story lines are always bigger than you think they're going to be and puzzles more challenging. They're not simple answers, the make you think. (Which is a good part of narrative design I believe.) The graphics are also quite appealing to look at.




(Solved a puzzle just to photograph the Correct Graphic. The incorrect one is in blue)

Edit: Andy Hamilton, get back to 'It's only a Theory'

No comments:

Post a Comment