Friday 8 October 2010

Witty Cult

Never thought I'd write those two words together. Anyway, after the tutorial yesterday with Lorenzo it was brought to my attention that my Fashion Hero brief needed some kind of context (other than just for women). A good idea that Ben brought up was include some kind of witty banter or in-jokes for the t-shirts. Something that only comic book fans who read these tittles would get.

I had a similar idea, simply adding quotes from various comics but an idea struck me when I thought back to a piece of fan art:



Unless you knew exactly who these characters where and there background, you wouldn't understand the picture. Magik is the ruler of limbo (henche the soul sword and arm) and Cypher is a translator and that's his only power. So Cypher was the one who always needed protection.

Another good example is a piece of Mark Brooks work for uncanny x-men 522:


Question: Why is Kitty riding a bullet.
I'm not even going to dignify that with an answer

So, I seem to have found a new direction for my t-shirts and I will be working on a few designs that I can hopefully get finished by next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment