Friday 3 December 2010

JLA


Annie Wu redesigned the Justice League for Warren Ellis’ No Future Remake/Remodel: Malcolm McLaren’s JUSTICE LEAGUE challenge, whereas the prompt is to simply re-envision the Justice League as the cast of a film by Malcolm McLaren (circa 1977).

“There are a few bits I especially enjoy, like Wonder Woman’s stockings and Batman’s t-shirt.” - Annie Wu

The Flash (the drummer) - I really love the lightning bolt on the lapel of his long red trenchcoat… I really want to print a lightning bolt on a red blazer now.

Superman (the guitarist) - I actually like how simplistic this is - the hints of red in his outfit are enough to get the point across, plus you can see the subtle “S” scar across his chest.

Wonder Woman (the lead singer) - Words cannot express how awesome she looks. Those stockings, that dress, the golden lasso/microphone - Gaga approves.

Batman (the bassist) - On a side note, I hope he plays the bass with tiny Batarang-shaped picks.

Aquaman (Groupie?) - I love his glovelets. Except when he’s getting puke all over them.

Needless to say, I would totally see this film.

1 comment: