Saturday 27 November 2010

Thank Goodness for Herald Owlett


I met Nikki Stu at Thought Bubble comic con this November just gone. I was on a break before I had to go and shoo the cosplayers out of the royal armories and was wandering past her little store when these caught my eyes:


They're insane and quirky, just what I like in my small press comics and Nikki herself was kind enough to just talk with me. She does this in her spare time while working full time to pay those pesky bills. Through going to conventions she's met some other fabulous artists and comic creators which has allowed her network (and on a bonus, get to those cons cheaper)

I also personally want to say a big thank you too her (which I've already done, but it's nice to re-enforce it) because if it wasn't for Nikki, then Hand Drawn Awesome may have never spotted me. We're both now featured on the website and consider it a bit of a privilege to be with her on that front.

No comments:

Post a Comment