Wednesday 28 April 2010

Caricatures


In the library earlier today and I came across this little book whilst looking for a completely different book all together.

Englishmen are greedy in France. But that's ok in comparison to the French killing cats.
The moment a scot reach a position of power, he becomes self-important and tyrannical towards his inferiors. Oh...so that's where Gordon get's his inspiration.



(I apologise for my images drunken behaviour. They're not like that in preview. I'll go back and fix them in a minute)

It's from the British museum and it's a selection of comic and satirical prints dating back to over 300 years ago. I love these old kind of prints. Everyone was so sarcastic back then and didn't really care who they offended or if they offended them. Heck, if they did offend them then they'd done their job well.

It's certainly not what's in style anymore or the art direction I'm going in. However, they are the pre cursor to the other stuff I'm looking at.

No comments:

Post a Comment