Tuesday 27 April 2010

Regions Of England

I know that I've stated that I would personify counties in my brief, but upon talking to people and through my own research I've found this to be easier said than done. Yorkshire is easy for me, it's where I was born and bred after-all. It's also rich in culture and history. This can not be said for a few of the smaller counties that are still charming in their own way, but don't stick out as much.

This is why I'm also considering using the regions of England instead.

The Enjoy England website even lists the regions as destinations, rather than counties themselves.

List of regions:
East Midlands
East of England
Greater London
North East England
North West England
South East England
South West England
West Midlands
Yorkshire and the Humber

I think this will be easier to fit within the Enjoy England way of doing things, and general tourism. Also, when you click on one of the regions it takes you further in to show the region is split and the metropolitan cities.

Yorkshire Example:

So I can still do something with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment