Sunday 25 April 2010

Moe anthropomorphism

Only in Japan...

So when I was fourteen I was quite into anime. I say quite, I used to watch it streamed on the internet and the only one I ever really liked was Full Metal Alchemist. (mostly because I love the comic book...still do, but that's just me)

However, I was slightly aware of something known as Moe anthropomorphism. The only way I can explain is by showing you this image:

Yes...that is Wikipedia, in human form.

Other examples include computers, operating systems, vehicles, countries and food.

And of course; other websites.
(This ones been floating around the internet for a while. There's also another one but it's not really blog friendly and I'd have to explain it to most people. But you get the idea)

Now, I'm no longer a form of anime as an art style. I have developed my own style, personality and taste and it's mostly been influenced by my growing comic book habit. However, I do like the idea, to an extent. That's mostly why I want to explore personifying the counties of England. But we'll see on Tuesday how well that goes down.

No comments:

Post a Comment